Tuesday 18 March 2014

New Works - Steve Stott

Our final artist we would like to introduce to you is the photo realistic painter Steve Stott. Steve produces work with a magnificent lifelike quality, depicting the finest of detail. Working on pet portraits and cult figure portraits, Steve's eye for detail pulls the viewer into the picture, creating an emotional response and awakening the senses.
We asked Steve to tell us a little bit about his practice :
"These are all subjects that have inspired me in the last year or so, and I try to vary them as much as I can. I am now experimenting with hyper realism which is a slow process as detail takes a long time to perfect. My interest in oil painting has become more important to me over the last year and I will be producing more paintings this year."
Double Point, Oil painting

Daenerys Targaryen, Graphite on paper

Solitude,  oil painting


To find out more about Steve's work contact sstevestott@blueyonder.co.uk

If you are interested in exhibiting your artwork at The Laboratory please email Lisa Smith on the_laboratory@hotmail.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment